A prehistoric station was identified by Arturo Cozzaglio, in Pieve, at the top of the climb of the Port Trail; Prehistoric objects came to light in Castello, Lis and Calvarice. Testimony of a settlement of Etruscan hypothesis is the plaque found in the bell tower of the church of Voltino and now held in Brescia: 40 x 40 cm, bears a bilingual inscription, partly in Latin characters, partly in indecipherable characters. Among the tombstones of the Roman era there is the one now walled in the capital at the junction for Ustecchio; at the same time two mortuary urns with coins of the I - II century were found. A.D. 1287, For the possession of Tremosine war breaks out between Brescia and Trento. 1426, Like the rest of the Riviera del Garda, Tremosine passes under the domination of the Venetian Republic; Tremosine is part of the Quadra di Gargnano. 1797, with the Treaty of Campoformio the dominion of the Serenissima ends. 1807, A flood of the Tignalga stream destroys the village of Campione, causing damage and victims. 1815, with the Vienna Congress Tremosine becomes part of the Lombard-Veneto Kingdom. 1859, with the end of the II War of Independence Tremosine becomes territory of the Kingdom of Sardinia. 1861, Tremosine becomes part of the Kingdom of Italy, on the border with the Austro-Hungarian Empire. 1896, A Campione begins the construction of the Feltrinelli cotton mill; 1913, After years of work, the Porto-Pieve-Vesio road opens, allowing the connection between the hamlets of the plateau and Lake Garda. 1915, with the outbreak of the First World War, in Tremosine, in particular in Vesio and in the mountains towards the Ledro Valley, thousands of Italian soldiers settled; Passo Nota is the headquarters of the Command of Subsector IV bis, dependent on the I Army. 1931, the Gardesana road opens between Riva and Gargnano; it is the end of the isolation for Tremosine.
Parish church of the village of Pieve, is a Gothic-style building built in the twelfth century above a previous parish church. The factory was remodeled in 1712. The interior is a single nave. Chorus, sacristy and organ are adorned with walnut carvings by Lucchni from Castel Condini at the beginning of the eighteenth century. The fresco is from the fifteenth century, while the altarpiece is a work of the seventeenth century, the result of the work of Giuliano Glissenti da Vestone. The bell tower, with a square plan, was erected in the 10th century and raised in the following one.
The posts built during the First World War are well preserved and can be visited. They start from the village of Pieve and continue uninterrupted up to Polzone, where there was a entrenched barrier to block access to the valley. From there you can go back up to the Bocca Cocca, where the installations are interrupted. Other locations are recognizable in the inhabited hamlets of Pregasio, Nevese, Secastello, Monte Nai and in their immediate vicinity, even in positions overlooking the lake of Garda. The eastern side of the Bondo valley is fortified up to Monte Traversole, where the line joins the main barrier along the route Tremalzo Pass - Passo Nota - Passo Guil.
The so-called Terrazza del Brivido (precisely in the locality of Pieve di Tremosine) is the panoramic terrace of the Hotel Paradiso, which is suspended at about 350 meters above sea level and which, thanks to its height, allows the view to wander along a of the most evocative views of Italy. If you are lucky, and on particularly clear days, you can have breathtaking views not only on the waters of Lake Garda, but also on Mount Campione (the summit along which Tremosine is literally climbing), and a piece of Gardesana, the panoramic road overlooking the lake. In some cases it seems that, in the distance, you can even see the Prealps, Sirmione and some municipalities in the province of Verona.
Discover all the points of interest in the city.
Tuesdays at Campione di Tremosine
Festa di San Giovanni Battista 24th June
Ospedale di Arco Viale dei Capitelli, 48
FARMACIA – VALZELLI DR. PIERO Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto,2